Roar reed
Again,
it again in an airport, this time Boston.
The flight 'in 20 minutes late, I think it's the first time there is a delay on a flight to the States, maybe the second, but I do not remember the first cmq.
random things:
1) science. I'm here in Boston for a conference in my field I think the most 'important NetSci10 year. Organized between downtown Boston and Cambridge, and MIT and Northestern. The MIT 'a spectacular place, I do not think there's something to say. If you exceed the guys a bit crazy that you see around the buildings present the profs are simply spectacular. When you go to these conferences where there are all the big names you realize a bit how things go. It 's the typical rich club phenomena. There are the gurus of the industry which in turn were students of the old guru. Well these make good and bad weather in the area for charity are incredible characters I would say the level of genes, but ... but form a kind of congestion, they have money, they published in Nature and Science publish them decide who to ect ... become someone in the circle must be less than that cmq phantasmagoric ideas pass through them. Just look at the system that there is' behind the publication of an article. I think the chances are that no one post something about a Mr. Science is nothing but extraordinary, if not through the support of some characters of the field. Do not know if it's terribly wrong, or simply inevitable. Only a bit more than perhaps would be healthy democracy.
2) Boston. Boston ... but I do not know, in the days, a few, I did not surprise me totally spent, I think LA and New Orleans have impressed me more. Cmq nothing to say, Harvard, MIT and down town are very beautiful river, a big city, full of history, to be in the states, so beautiful, but not tear his hair. Rated 8
3) Level Fish. Well dominate here, the first night we went into a kind of popular chain here in Boston and there are 3 places nearby Boston called legacy sea food. Not so much spent, and ate a lot cmq well. Although I must say that the mussels were not as good as eating in Porland.
4) Airports. In the states I was in 3 airports with free wifi.
- indy
- Portland
- boston
some others are lacking a few, Washington, Philadelphia, Detroit, Denver and do not remember what else. I did not understand how it works, clear and 'cost, but if no one would be too expensive. So I hope you will soon come to a general distribution. Even if the iphone would cmq unlimited Internet.
5) it isn't fair. This life is not 'made to be perfect. Life is not 'made it at all. The life and 'clearly an emergent phenomenon determined by the initial conditions, some decisions and luck. Do you know people spectacular, spend some time together, then the streets of commitments to natural questions in different places, you divide. What can I say? Nothing, nothing I guess. Perhaps the only possible approach and 'to be, or at least try to be happy. Some regrets, perhaps. But the regrets not change much in the future and distort the past.
6) Weekend. The weekend and 'the typical thing would have happened if I had said I would not have believed it. Program:
- back home in Bloomington
- tomorrow morning to pick up the tuxedo that I took, CK all black except for his shirt
- the boss to go home at 3.30 where there will be a limousine waiting for
- taking the limo we're going to Indianapolis for an evening gala, which will start at 5. A typical evening with "the winner is ..." maybe we win the award for technology innovation of the year. Let
7) Barcelona. Needless to say I'm pretty excited. Finally he returned to Barcelona. Monday at 3:30 for first flight Atlanta, then headed for Barcelona. More than two weeks there for work. The whole group will be there, we will have fun and work on interesting things. I hope to turn a blind item, it would be so cool. Let's see, let's see.
What else to say, I do not know, greetings. Dear greetings from Boston
0 comments:
Post a Comment