Adobe Acrobat and its filth anti Kindle
The purchase of the beloved and kindle 'double-edged sword. On the one hand the comfort 'to read many books, newspapers and comic books you want in one medium, the other, the temptation to illegally download everything from the Internet. Being a good surfer model
(???) I chose to avoid the latter, before trying on my skin the ineptitude of Adobe. I go to the website of online and armed with a gorgeous feltrinelli excitement begin to scroll through the list of ebooks for sale. I find the book that interests me (an investigation into the riches of the Vatican) and chose the PDF format do not hesitate to appear. Here is consumed drama. Pago loved it a habit not to read in detail the terms of purchase to accept.
Pago 9 € (a little 'bit for a book by two or three years ago) and download my eBook, happy and powerful use of technology to which it is today. I open the file with my usual programs for reading pdf, just to verify the contents of the first and part curse. The pdf is not 'a pdf. However, I say, let's see where you hide the cheating, not before he struck a fist on the table and looked for the mother of the Most High.
Why 'so much anger? 'Cause deep down I knew that could not be easier. Search the web and I find that the downloaded file and 'a sort of receipt, to open with a dedicated program, which leads to link the book to download. The program to use, and 'the special Adobe Digital Editions. The one and only. Without this we can not 'will' blow it 'read the pdf. But there 'more'. If you pass the pdf file to another computer that has installed this ADE, we must still synchronize your account to read the pdf. That would be handy, but only if one had chosen to do so.
For those not chewing too eBook can venture a comparison material. Imagine buying a book at the bookstore at the time of purchase, the salesman will snatches the book from his hands and veil contained within a small safe. It tells you that the safe will open 'when you get home, the book because you can only read them. You can read it on the train, you can not lend it to a friend, your wife, you can not just portavelo below, decided that the Adobe. ADE
Only you can access the information in a book that you have paid and then and 'yours.
In my case the reasons for death were pissed off at 2: ADE does not exist for linux (after a while 'I managed to install it), but mostly I can not read the pdf on my Kindle, and that' everything 'I interested. To curb piracy hampering the individual reader, requiring him to use tools developed by the house just happened that builds the encryption system. I find this quite ridiculous.
Obviously I will try 'to decrypt the password protecting PDF, and now will not buy' none eBook online, until 'persister' this absurd system of purchase. Adobe and this mentality 'are the bane of the internet. To deliver such mechanisms should be just the greedy, nothing more '.
It 's true, they have developed the pdf, so what? There is another format, which compresses the djvu more 'for a pdf. There are sites like Facebook and things that have changed the world and are free, 'cause Adobe to control the trajectory of every single eBook exchange in the world?
Pure madness, have you wanted ..
0 comments:
Post a Comment